Culberson Announces Eight Service Academy Appointees
Houston, TX – Representative John Culberson (TX-07) announced that eight nominees from Texas’ Seventh Congressional District have accepted appointments to our nation’s esteemed service academies.
“One of the most gratifying and meaningful parts of my job is nominating these exceptional young people to become officers in the United States Armed Forces,” Rep. Culberson said. “Each congressional district is guaranteed one appointee to each academy; however, we have so many talented young people in District Seven that we inevitably end up with multiple appointments to each academy. This is a great tribute to the leadership skills and the caliber of the character of the young people in this community. The future prosperity, security and freedom of our nation depends on these individuals. I wish this year’s Class of 2022 appointees the best of luck as they begin their journeys with the United States Armed Forces.”
Appointees for the Class of 2022:
United States Air Force Academy
1. Benjamin Kuhn, Stratford High School
2. Ranzell Nickelson, Memorial High School
United States Military Academy
1. Jolie Duong, Bellaire High School
2. Christina Huynh, Cypress Falls High School, U.S. Military Academy Preparatory School
3. Shirley Tang, James E. Taylor High School
4. Angela Vantreese, Bellaire High School, Marion Military Institute
United States Naval Academy
1. Richard Hansen, Houston Christian High School, U.S. Naval Academy Preparatory School
2. William Kunetka, The Kinkaid School
Rep. Culberson with the Class of 2022 service academy appointees.